From mitigation and remediation to recovery and reconstruction, Island Restoration can guarantee that every one of our contractors will provide the highest quality residential or commercial disaster restoration services possible. We are equipped with the finest tools, best practices and many resources that allow our emergency response teams to handle any size loss from start to finish.
- Assess the cause and extent of the damage.
- Property walkthrough.
- Using the best technology and proper tools to extract contamination.
- Dry structure and contents.
- Repair structural damage.
Water restoration process starts with a water mitigation company aka “restoration first responders”. When the company arrives on site, they asses the property, contain and prevent further damage, and eventually extract any standing water from it so that the restoration process can begin.
After extraction, water damage restoration process begins.
Additional Water Extraction
- The water extraction process may continue if there is any excess water.
Demolition & Debris Removal
- In many water damage situations, building materials (ex. Drywall down to the studs, carpeting, carpet padding, etc.) may need to be removed
- This occurs before drying out of the property takes place, as removing drywall to expose wall cavities and carpeting to expose subflooring can result in a more efficient overall drying process.
Final Dry Out
- The contractor will arrange air movers and dehumidifiers to help dry the property and remove moisture from the air.
- Sometimes fungal and mold growth can be a concern when it comes to water damage. When it is necessary, antimicrobials will be applied to prevent mold growth or destroy existing mold spores.
Reconstruction & Build Back
- The final step involves moisture testing to verify dryness.
- Finally, reconstruction services to bring your home back to pre damage conditions.