5 STEPS TO PREPARE FOR A HOME RENOVATION
Renovating your home can be an exciting time for you, but it can also be stressful. By preparing for your renovation, you can ensure that you will have a positive experience.
5 things that you should do before your renovations start:
1. Build a Home Improvement Project Plan
- List of wants and needs.
2. Set a Project Budget
- Decide how much you want to spend- set aside at least 10% of your budget for unexpected costs.
- Get cost estimates.
- Price out all required materials.
3. Hire Contractors
- Look for a contractor with years of experience.
- A contractor with a valid license.
- Check their references or reviews.
- Ask if they have a payment schedule.
4. Build a Timeline
- Include time to clean out the project area.
- Shipping and delivery times.
- Use a calendar to mark each step.
- Set completion date.
5. Plan where you will stay during the time of construction
- Prep your space- move all personal belongings.
- Make temporary arrangements while the area is under construction.